The Office of Human Resource Services supports the Harvard Library’s talented staff and managers who actively shape the development and cultivation of knowledge and pedagogy at Harvard and within the broader scholarship community. The Harvard Library strives to meet the rising expectations of its community through excellence and innovation and by providing unparalleled services that advance the University’s mission to create new knowledge and—ultimately—by continuing to set the standard for academic libraries worldwide.
Working At Harvard
Harvard offers a wide range of benefits and resources that reflects an institution built around people, with a deep respect for their differences and needs. The University provides comprehensive medical and dental coverage, a Tuition Assistance Plan for employees that can be used at Harvard and elsewhere, generous time off, fully funded retirement plans and much more.
Learning and Development. Education is at the heart of the Harvard experience for all members of the Harvard community. For Harvard employees, the University provides a Tuition Assistance Plan that can be used at Harvard and elsewhere. Harvard’s also offers all employees a wide range of short-term professional, managerial, career development and computer courses – including hundreds of Web-based programs.
Harvard has long recognized the importance of having a healthy balance between work, personal life and academic pursuits. Access to University-wide educational, recreational and cultural resources is provided including free admission to Harvard’s world-class museums, libraries and athletic facilities, along with programs focused on stress management, wellness and more.
Discover the possibilities by exploring career opportunities at the Harvard Library. Visit ASPIRE, Harvard's job search and application system, available 24/7 to provide a convenient and up-to-date view of the available employment opportunities.
Who We Are
Feel free to contact us for assistance:
- Sherrie Whang, Director of Human Resource Services.
- Jennifer Goldstein, Senior Human Resource Consultant,
- Valerie Sacchetti, Human Resource Coordinator,
- Jessica Feinstein, Lead Recruitment Services Consultant
The Harvard Library Office of Human Resource Services is located at 8 Story St., Third Floor, Suite 03-04, Cambridge, MA 02138.
What We Do
Our services include:
- HR support for hiring and on-boarding new staff
- Supporting the performance management process
- Organizational and team development
- Labor and employee relations
- Consulting on grading and compensation
- Referral to additional resources such as the Harvard Benefits Office and the Employee Assistance Program.
Information and Resources for Current Employees
Through Harvard’s intranet for employees, HARVie, employees can access detailed information on:
- Harvard’s Community to explore the employee community that is Harvard.
- Compensation and Benefits to learn more about your total compensation package that includes pay, benefits and services that Harvard offers each employee.
- Career and Professional Development for information about career management and courses at the Center for Workplace Development.
- Work/Life Balance for resources to care for yourself and others including the Employee Assistance Program.
- Policies and Contracts for university-wide policies, personnel manuals and union collective bargaining agreements.
- Outings and Innings for discounts to museums, performing arts, sports, movies, travel and lodging, and more.
- Harvard’s Classifieds to connect with others in the Harvard community to buy and sell housing, furniture, books, electronics, cars, etc. and for carpooling and rideshare information.
- Watch and Learn to access multimedia on benefits and HR topics that will help make the most of your time at Harvard.
- Web Access to Care at Harvard (WATCH), to find childcare within the Harvard community.