May 14, 2013—The new Library mobile module for the Harvard mobile application is now live, available for iOS, Android and mobile web.
What’s new with this module?
- An Android version
- The ability for users to view which libraries are closest to their current location
- The ability for users to search by Library hours and amenities (bikes, headphones, cafes, etc.)
- A searchable Library staff directory
- Links to Library research guides, finding aids and Get It
- Displays of Library videos, news and events
The mobile project began in January 2013 and consisted of three builds occurring in January, February and March. Testing occurred in April and early May. Kudos to the mobile core team (Corinna Baksik, Jim Borron, Rebecca Caira-Davila, Laura Morse, Kira Poplowski) and members of the Portal Working Group and the Library Council on Student Experience who participated in testing.
To download the Harvard mobile application, please visit the Apple or Android stores. Devices with the Harvard mobile application currently installed should have updated automatically.