Find information on Human Resources, Finance, Project Management, Staff News and Events.
The Office of Human Resource Services supports the Harvard Library’s talented employees who actively shape the development and cultivation of knowledge and pedagogy at Harvard and within the broader scholarship community.
The Programs, Projects and Operations team exists to ensure potential projects and approved projects are managed in a considered, predictable and transparent way.
A basic toolkit, which is designed to be tailored to the needs on an initiative, is provided to help people get started with operational change projects, and new technology related projects here. (password protected).
Programs and projects are undertaken to ensure the Harvard Library delivers useful and innovative changes to users of the library and the people who work in them. The team focuses on five areas of activity:
- Aligning programs and projects with the foundational and transformational strategies of the Library and taking on the right sets of work at the right times.
- Getting the job done – through disciplined use of simple tools we ensure projects are managed and reported on to accomplish the goals of a project and to ensure project partners are well informed throughout.
- Promoting project management excellence – by paying attention to the methods used and the competence needed to deliver on projects well and promoting the training and experiences needed by staff.
- Learning – by ensuring project debriefing sessions take place at key milestone points and ensuring lessons learned are widely shareable.
- Decision-making – Providing the information necessary for governance groups to make well informed decisions.
For additional information, please contact the Library Programs and Projects team:
The Finance Office supports the Library by providing accurate information that assists decision-making, maintaining the integrity of finance systems and completing financial transactions in a timely way.
Budget and Controls
Finance Who to Call List
Finance Organizational Chart
Financial Policies and Process Documents
Held-in-Common Expense Policies, FY13
HL HCOM Policy and Procedures
HL PCard Policy and Procedures
HL Corporate Card/Reimbursement Policy and Procedures
Harvard Procurement Systems at a Glance
Harvard Library Staff News & Events
Peter Suber to Direct Harvard’s Office for Scholarly Communication
Library Positions Posted
Research Assessment and Impact in the Digital Age
Biblioteca Berenson Joins Scan & Deliver Service
Project Update: Updated Library Mobile Module Launches
Library Positions Posted
Harvard to Adopt Service to Uniquely Identify Academic Authors
Library Hours: Spring 2013 Examination Period
Harvard Libraries Develop Ways to Support Online Learning
Robert Darnton Awarded Prix Mondial Cino Del Duca
Opening the Doors to Harvard Library Conservation Labs
Reminder: Towards a Collections and Content Development Strategic Plan Open Sessions
More staff news...
May 22: Cognos Basic Training
May 22: Not-Just-Virtual Reference User Group Meeting
May 22: Webinar: Semantic Mashups Across Large, Heterogeneous Institutions: Experiences from the VIVO Service
May 23: Reserves Discussion Group Meeting
May 23: When Doctors Don't Listen: How to Avoid Misdiagnoses and Unnecessary Tests
May 23: RDA Bridge Training for Music Catalogers
May 24: Cognos Basic Training
May 24: A Celebration of the Completion of Emerson's Collected Works
See the Library calendar. Submit your Library event.
Visit the Library Transition iSite.